Sunday, October 14, 2007

Interesting English

English is a kind of language which attracted me a lot. I learnt it buy my mom, she taught me some interesting words such as apple, banana, panda, etc. In this case, I love to learn this kind of strange language, the different pronounciation gives me a force to learn this language.
After elementry school, I found that English is not that easy, so my mom sent me to an English school which has a policy to avoid students speak Chinese if you stay here. It was an English improve class for every weekend, teachers there were come from Australia, America and Canada. We spoke English during our class, if there was someone who spoke Chinese, he/ she has to copy the words we learnt that day for 100 times. Since I have to accept this kind of situation, my speaking and listening improved a lot. These two parts became to be the most interesting parts in my mind.
When I was in middle school, the chance for me to speak was getting less and less, no one liked to accepted those parts but they all worked so hard on grammar. I felt a little bit disappointed, because all the students there were all good at tests, and I lose my confidence.
Even I still interested in the whole language, eapecially speaking, the teach style of the teachers in schools are quite boring. Those kind of pressure made me feel uncomfortable. That's why I chose an English spoken country to come. I could speak more, even know more about the western country. I was so exciting to come here, and found my confidence, again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Violet, I'm glad you enjoy focusing on listening and speaking because it's the heart of language. Grammar study can be boring, but it is also necessary. Actually, it's more fun if you think of it differently. Imagine that you are trying to match patterns between speakers. So if you notice something different about your sentence pattern compared to a native speaker, its time to change your pattern. :)